Sharad Kumar Goel is an engineer by profession. He has been able to write at length about his realization in his new book Consumerism the Simplicity & Our Home Earth published by 24by7publishing.com. We, at publishindia.com, found an opportunity to interview the author and seized it! Read on to find out more about how he has been able to formulate the relationship between consumerism and ecological issues. His work can even help us find a better tomorrow!
- Tell us something about yourself.
I am an Engineer with more than 30 years of experience in the industry. I was born in Dehradun on 8 April, 1962, in a middle-class family with a higher discipline. My dad is also an engineer.
- What do you think prompted you to write this book?
Many years in the Industry taught me specific consumption of Raw material which is mostly scarce. Human life is precious as well as the most natural material. There is nothing which we make. We only consume and it is called growth, the economic growth. This consumption is responsible for ecological issues. I thought of bringing awareness and personal actions.
- How long did it take you to write this book?
Around six months.
- Is this the first time you have been published?
This is the second time.
- How has been the experience of becoming a published writer so far?
I feel happy and satisfied that I could make myself clear to the readers.
- Can you say something about the concept to our readers?
My thinking takes birth from my experience and observations around.
- There are many people like you who would want to become a published author. What advice would you like to give them?
My message to such people: Reading and writing with passion is given by God only to a few hence any day is good to start writing. You will be happy to see someone reading your work…, especially when you are gone. It would be a worthy legacy to leave back in this world.
- What has been your schedule like in the months leading up to getting the manuscript ready for publishing? Did you follow any specific routine to write your book?
I took approximately five months to finish the manuscript, which I directly typed in my laptop to save double work. No specific routine and time was there.
- Do you plan to work on any new books in the near future? Would you consider shifting from the present genre?
Yes. My third book is of a different genre.
- How has 24by7 Publishing assisted you through the publishing process?
They are experienced, well-behaved and helped me from the beginning till the end. I will be working with them for my third book as well.
Book available on multiple platforms:
24by7 Publishing Online Store: https://shop.24by7publishing.com/product/consumerism-the-simplicity-our-home-earth-by-sharad-kumar-goel-non-fiction/
Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0843Q5GFH
This article content and the views are solely by the author and he or she is solely responsible for the same. PublishIndia.com does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness of any information and it does not support or endorse any opinion, advice or statement made by users or parties other than PublishIndia.com itself.