Interview with Author Ignatius Pereira
In the aftermath of the Sabarimala Verdict, Ignatius Pereira, a renowned journalist, has penned a book that tells the story of the Sabarimala Temple and the residing deity, Lord Ayyappan. The Temple has lived through the ages and evolved to become one of the most famous pilgrimage destinations in India. The matter concerning prevention of the entry of women to the temple and the subsequent court order annulling the restriction has surely attracted a lot of attention, but there is more to the temple than that. Mr. Pereira seeks to delineate the unheard tales! Sabarimala: Umpteen Claims on the Eighteen Steps has been published by 24by7publishing.com.
- Who has been your biggest inspiration as a writer?
My mother, she is no more now.
- Does writing energize you or exhaust you?
Writing energizes me even when I am exhausted.
- When was the first time you took up the pen to write a book?
To write a book, it was after my retirement. But writing was my livelihood since I had been working as a journalist for 34 years
- What do you think prompted you to write this book?
The violence that marred the Sabarimala pilgrimage in the wake of the September 28, 2018 Supreme Court verdict lifting the ban on women of reproductive age entering Sabarimala Temple.
- Who is your favourite author?
- Is writing your passion or hobby?
It’s a passion.
- What is your idea of literary success?
When the book written by a writer gets more attention than the writer.
- Have you ever faced writer’s block? If so, how did you cope with it?
Yes I have faced it. I overcome that through sojourns into forests areas with friends.
- Do you plan to work on any new books in the near future? Would you consider shifting from the present genre?
Already working on a new book and that is a different genre.
- Do you think you will ever take up writing full-time?
Since I am now a retired journalist, writing is my only occupation.
- What are your most favourite and least liked steps in the publishing process?
Most favourite is an early positive response from a publisher to my proposal and least liked is failure of any response, whether positive or negative.
- How has 24by7 Publishing assisted you through the publishing process?
As a first-time author, 24by7 Publishing made me comfortable and confident.
His books are available on some of the major online stores:
24by7 Publishing Online Store: https://shop.24by7publishing.com/…/sabarimala-umpteen-clai…/
This article content and the views are solely by the author and he or she is solely responsible for the same. PublishIndia.com does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness of any information and it does not support or endorse any opinion, advice or statement made by users or parties other than PublishIndia.com itself.